13 December, 2009

Maemo 5 on Desktop

I was trying to get Maemo 5 device, but
finally I got easy method to install it on
desktop machine with help of instruction
over here.


I am working to find a way to include Punjabi (and other
Indic) language to device. Few steps I completed:
Locale-Extras - Updated all Indic locale files
Indic - Project to include all i18n stuff for Indic languages
Keyboard Layout - Virtual/On-Screen Keyboard (which has no Indic support yet)

still I am not able to add my language in it, but find few things
different from my desktop machine:
/usr/share/i18n-locale-resolver/
more time required to work on this, but I have next Internet
connection in coming weeks.
This system setup on Ubuntu AMD64. Often forgot to
put variable vdso32=0 for kernel at boot time.

No comments: